Delivering Meals Safely!
Keeping you updated with our ongoing plans and responses with regards to Coronavirus.
As an essential service in the provision of food to many across the community and healthcare settings, Kirsty’s Kitchen has continuity plans in place that outline the actions to be followed when coordinating our business in accordance to updated advice from Government.
It is apparent that the situation is very much still developing and Kirsty’s Kitchen is monitoring events closely via the Government portals and Cornwall Council guidance notices.
We’ve informed all staff members that if they’ve recently returned from an affected region, come into close contact with someone with confirmed Coronavirus, or have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath, even if the symptoms are mild, they should immediately follow the current advice of Public Health England and call NHS 111, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people.
As well as this, we’ve also put the following into place:
- We have always had to wash our hands upon every entry into the production kitchen, which has now been identified as being the most effective way of preventing infection.
- Handwashing facilities are provided in various places within our kitchens.
- Hand sanitiser has always been provided at entry points for use after hand washing.
- Washing of hands after coughing and/or sneezing has always been a part of our hygiene regulations as well as regular cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces.
- All of our delivery drivers are supplied with refillable bottles of sanitiser and disposable gloves. For our safety and for your reassurance, we wear gloves and masks to each and every customer. This is standard practice, whether we are providing a contactless delivery or entering a property.
- All of our drivers carry a flask of hot water and handwashing equipment to be able to wash their hands after every 5 customers. (This has been discussed with Cornwall Council and implemented as an agreed policy for customer safety)
- Contractors and Deliveries – We have stopped all non-essential works and all deliveries are received according to social distancing rules.
- We hold significant stocks of ingredients and have appointed several suppliers that can keep us supplied with ingredients so as to minimise any interruptions to our service.